MeteoLux forecasts that during the night of sunday 20th february to monday 21st february (10pm to 3pm) strong winds will cross the country. During this passage, strong gusts of 90 - 100 km/h are expected. An orange vigilance has been issued.
It is important to remember the following possible consequences and behavioural advice:
- Breaking of tree branches;
- Some fallen trees;
- Damaged roofs and chimneys;
- Slightly offset vehicles on the roads;
- Localised disrupted road traffic, in particular in wooded areas.
- Limit your journeys;
- Limit your speed on the road, especially if the vehicle or trailer you are driving may be affected by the wind;
- Do not walk in the forest;
- In towns, be careful of falling objects;
- Store or secure any objects liable to be blown around or damaged, for example garden furniture, parasols, etc.;
- On no account go onto a roof.
- Secure construction sites;
- Follow the instructions of the authorities (e.g. diversions)
- Increased vigilance.
The authorities continue to monitor the situation closely.