The National Weather Service - Meteolux - has issued a warning for severe heat (orange vigilance) for the southern part of the country, this monday July 18th from 1.00 pm à 9.00 pm. Maximum temperatures will rise to 32 to 35 °C.
Simultaneously, a warning has been issued concerning air quality - orange vigilance - ozone levels. The European Information level of 180 µg/m³ could be exceeded.
For Tuesday July 19. from 1.00 pm to 9.00 pm, MeteoLux has issued a warning for extreme heat (red vigilance) for the whole country. Temperatures between 34 et 36 °C are to be expected in the North of the country and between 35 et 38°C in the South. In the South-Eastern Moselle region as well as in larger towns and cities temperatures up to 39°C can be expected. A warning is being maintained concerning air quality - orange vigilance - ozone levels
The population should adopt the following conduct in the event of high or extremely high temperatures.
Behaviour to adopt
temperatures exceeding 35°C with an average temperature on the preceding day exceeding 23°C
- close blinds, curtains and windows during the day and open them at night;
- drink lots of water throughout the day (1.5 l of water per day);
- avoid going outside during the hottest time of day (11 am to 9 pm);
- cover your head when going out;
- wear light clothing;
- limit physical activity;
- use fans or air conditioning to cool yourself down;
- try to stay in a cool or air-conditioned place (large shops, cinemas, etc.);
- cool down with water several times a day (mister, shower, etc.);
- maintain regular contact with vulnerable members of your family and friends. Help them get to a cool place;