In the event of radioactive releases it is very important to protect foodstuffs and agricultural products, including livestock and their feed.
Instructions for individuals:
- only eat tins, dehydrated foods, frozen products or fresh produce from regions not affected by the accident or that you have stored yourself;
- cover vegetable gardens with a plastic tarpaulin.
Unless advised otherwise by the authorities, tap water is safe to consume.
Instructions for farmers:
- move your livestock into enclosed premises and restrict, as much as possible, the natural and artificial ventilation in these premises;
- organise and store prepared feed in enclosed premises;
- cover any silage stored outdoors with a plastic tarpaulin;
- close any greenhouses;
- shut off rainwater collection systems.
Instructions concerning the food chain and possible food bans will, if applicable, be communicated to the public via this website and the national media.