Depending on the circumstances and requirements, the Crisis Cell (CC) can be expanded to include representatives from the other ministerial departments involved.
The Ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region
May be included in the CC:
- when the permanent group for psychological trauma support is activated;
- when an incident occurs in one of the establishments under its authority: housing for disabled people, refugees, foreigners and adults in distress and services for elderly people;
The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (MAEE) is the point of contact for countries' embassies accredited by the Luxembourg government. In the event of a crisis or catastrophe, embassies should contact the MAEE to find out whether any of their nationals have been affected.
If necessary, the MAEE can also act as an intermediary by means of its network of embassies abroad to intervene officially if requests or requirements are not provided for by bilateral agreements.
The Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure
May be included in the CC via:
- the Department for Transport (Département des transports) during any incident, accident or event which affects the transport sector (civil aviation, railways, etc.);
- the Department of the Environment (Département de l’environnement) during any event:
- that involves a fire in industrial plants;
- during which polluting substances (e.g. solvents) have entered or risk entering the soil and subsoil;
- that involves a waste treatment or disposal plant.
- the Water Management Authority (Administration de la gestion de l’eau) when:
- the incident causes or risks causing water pollution (drinking water, surface water, groundwater) including in the event of soil pollution;
- the reason for implementing the plan is water pollution, in particular drinking water;
- the reason for implementing the plan is a flood.
- the Public Works Department (Département des travaux publics) / Administration for Roads and Bridges (Administration des ponts et chaussées).
The Ministry of Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy
May be included in the CC in the event of any incident:
- that involves a large number of employees;
- that concerns an accident involving one (or several) industrial plant(s);
- that concerns an establishment subject to the provisions
- of the Grand Ducal regulation of 23 December 2005 modifying the Grand Ducal regulation of 17 July 2000 concerning the management of the dangers linked with major accidents involving dangerous substances;
- of the coordinated text of the Grand Ducal regulation of 17 July 2000 concerning the management of the dangers linked with major accidents involving dangerous substances.
The Minister of Education, Children and Youth
May be included in the CC in the event of:
- an incident in one of the establishments under its authority: day centres, crèches, nurseries, boarding schools, reception centres for children and young people, entertainment services for young people (the National Youth Service);
- assault by pupils or a third party against other pupils or teachers which involves a number of casualties or injuries of varying degrees of severity. Such incidents do not necessary require the entire plan to be implemented, but do represent a 'media emergency';
- a hostage situation, acts of terrorism or incidents following events linked to national education;
- accidents in specialist secondary education laboratories or workshops;
- serious accidents involving school transport (bus, railway);
- incidents involving school infrastructure.
The Armed Forces
When the plan is implemented, the Armed Forces may be required to provide emergency support.
The National Health Laboratory
May be involved if its expertise is required to manage an exceptional event.
The State Prosecutor
The State Prosecutor is part of the CC if the event could have criminal origins.
A public or private company
In the event of an incident within a public or private company, a representative of the company may be part of the Crisis Cell.