If it gets especially hot, the orange warning level (great heat warning) is announced when the temperatures rise to between 33°C and 35°C with an average temperature of 23°C.
The population should adopt the following conduct:
- close blinds, curtains and windows during the day and open them at night;
- drink lots of water throughout the day (1.5 l water per day);
- avoid going outside during the hottest time of day (11 am to 9 pm);
- cover your head when going out;
- wear light clothing;
- limit physical activity;
- maintain contact with vulnerable members of your family and friends. Help them get to a cool place;
For more information, consult the website www.sante.public.lu.