In a normal situation (level 1)...
... each citizen is responsible for:
- remaining constantly vigilant even during periods in which the terrorist threat seems not to exist or to have decreased;
- alerting the Grand Ducal Police of any suspicious, unusual, inappropriate or abnormal activity, action or behaviour;
- alerting the Grand Ducal Police of any suspicious, unusual or out of the ordinary abandoned object of unknown origin;
- following instructions, in particular in public places and buildings (stations, airports, agencies, museums, restaurants, cafés, shops, etc.) and during public events and gatherings (concerts, markets, etc.);
- facilitating the authorities' actions.
In a situation when a threat is detected (levels 2 to 4)...
... citizens are responsible for remaining as vigilant and adopting the same behaviour as in a normal situation and
- facilitating intervention by law enforcement and the emergency services;
- complying fully with all the instructions given by law enforcement and the emergency services;
- follow closely the instructions announced through the official media by the government.
By doing so you contribute to your own safety and that of your fellow citizens.
If you have any suspicions or in the event of an emergency, call 113 or the people responsible for security in the place you currently are.
This is all about adopting the right reactions and not exaggerating the terrorist threat, panicking or refraining from your normal everyday activities.