What to do following a power cut:
- to avoid a power surge, give the electricity system time to stabilise:
- increase the thermostat(s) for the heating system,
- do not turn on all your electronic appliances at the same time
- start with the ones you most need such as fridges and freezers;
- and wait 10 to 15 minutes before plugging in other devices;
- before restoring power, ensure the water heater is full;
- turn on the water supply and the taps to allow air to escape:
- turn off taps on the ground floor of your home to enable air to escape from the upper taps.
In the event of danger or an emergency, call 112.